SENIOR RESERVOIR ENGINEER SPECIALIST
- The RFD team in Kuala Lumpur is looking for Senior Reservoir Engineer to lead technical sales as well as provide technical support to our existing Clients in the Asia PAC region.
- Key role in ensuring high quality of service, via delivering consultancy projects as well as providing on-site support and technology implementation services to our existing and potential clients in the region.
- Reports directly to Regional Manager.
Bachelor/ M.Sc. degree
- Research new leads and business opportunities.
- Managing the initial technical presales and giving software presentation to all RFD’s potential clients.
- Coordination with 1st and 2nd line support in the development center when necessary.
- Set up meetings between client’s and company’s practice leaders/principals.
- Managing software trainings and evaluation projects.
- Deep understanding of the market.
- Perform dynamic data, data analysis and recommendation on how to implement results into the subsurface models.
- Construction and maintenance of integrated subsurface models.
- Understands the principles of Field development, reservoir management, well and reservoir surveillance, production optimization, reserves estimation and reporting.
- Interaction across multiple disciplines, not only within the Reservoir Development team, but also across the company and with our licensed partners and the relevant authorities.
- Manages coaching and mentoring to junior staff.
- Provides extended on-site support and consulting at client offices, maintaining a professional image.
- Leads in software deployment projects at client sites.
- Investigates, analyzes, resolves and prepares reports on moderate to complex client tickets via telephone, email or on-site visits.
- Ensures service quality and pre-emptively informs development team when potential issues arise.
- Actively participates in the local and global conferences and external events.
- Develops, implements and documents best practice policies and procedures for new projects or initiatives.
- Proactively visits clients to discuss software related issues, including defects, workarounds and emergency fixes, providing information detailing the history, resolution, and status.
- Initiates and leads client conference calls on topics of key interest such as new features, upgrade advice, product usage tips.
- Prioritizes issues and works with commercial and technical members.
- Effectively uses designated business systems.
- Understands and utilizes the correct problem escalation procedures.
- Explains multi-product, multi domain workflow concepts and relevant data model characteristics to clients when required.
- Adheres to all standards of confidentiality and security.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art computer technology, equipment, and systems; participates in professional development activities as appropriate.
- Minimum Bachelor/ M.Sc. degree and 7 years’ of relevant experience.
- Well-developed reservoir technical skills and experience within the areas of field development, production and well planning / execution.
- Strong skills and experience within areas such as integrated network modelling, PVT, well test analysis, special core analysis, is positive.
- Good working knowledge of geophysics, petrophysics, reservoir geology and drilling disciplines for effective collaboration.
- Ability to integrate effectively across disciplines and communicate uncertainties (risks and opportunities).
- Good team player.
- Ability to manage high workload and several tasks simultaneously.
- Responsible and structured.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and effective interpersonal skills required.
- Software skills to the requirements: Reservoir simulators (Eclipse, tNavigator or similar) and pre- and post-processing software for modeling (Petrel RE or similar).